05th Aug, 2021
, , Designation
- Technological disruptions coupled by the pandemic changed the way brands approached marketing in general
- Marketing automation uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to streamline customer engagement strategies
- Enterprises can scale their marketing campaigns and generate high-quality leads through automation tools
Having a gigantic marketing team can be all bells and whistles. However, brands that wish to restructure and quantify their marketing campaigns must opt for marketing automation. Why? To find out, letâs walk through the perks of marketing automation and why it is in the buzz now!
Marketing automation holds the potential to streamline marketing processes, reduce overheads and increase sales productivity. Brands can reorganize their B2B demand generation campaigns leveraging marketing automation tools. A survey by Annuitas Group reveals that enterprises that use marketing automation for nurturing prospects witness a 45% increase in qualified leads.
Scope of marketing automation
From saving time and energy to streamlining business operations, the scope of marketing automation goes way beyond simply automating your marketing campaignâs repetitive tasks. It solves numerous problems:
- Today’s customers are increasingly demanding relevant experiences from the brands they interact with. They expect brands to come up with intelligent product recommendations by understanding their preferences.Â Marketing automation can combine user attributes, past purchase data,Â andÂ on-site behavioural attributes to formulate a near accurate customer profile.Â It can facilitate marketers to enter the realm ofÂ predictive analyticsÂ andÂ hyper-personalizationforÂ retention marketing.
- Smart enterprises like Starbucks & Netflix are running recommendation engines that deployÂ AI & MLÂ to craft a better, more personalized experience for their users. Well, all brands can do the same withÂ predictive personalizationÂ in marketing automation. It is another trend that is no less than a pot of gold sitting at the end of the marketing automation rainbow.
- Chatbots in marketing automationÂ plays a crucial role in customer service and engagement. Chatbots can become smarter and are capable ofÂ behavioural recommendationÂ with deep integration through third-party software. Also, with overÂ 2.5 billion messaging app users in the year 2021, integrating chatbots with API can open a whole new avenue for brands to drive user engagement.
- Brands are eyeing a massive, sizeable piece of their usersâ social screen time in 2021. Hence, withÂ automated social media marketing, enterprises can reach out to the right audience at the right time to maximize conversions.
- Forbes predicted thatÂ brands that can consistently create meaningful experiences throughout a customerâs lifetime would maximize revenues and better retention statistics. To keep up with this prediction, several enterprises are opting for lifecycle marketing using predictive CLV (Customer Lifetime Value). This can aid brands migrate from static to more behavioural and dynamic approaches in craftingÂ customer segmentsÂ to accommodate a prospectâs evolving preferences in real-time.
Creating a sound strategy and securing a sizeable budget for marketing automation can be tough. Some marketers continue to associate marketing automation platforms as complex, high-maintenance systems that are formidable to master. But the perks are evident and cannot be neglected. Having said that, letâs move to the plus side of marketing automation and find out why brands might need a marketing automation strategy in 2021.
It is essential to improve the lead quality across each stage of buyerâs journey to maximize conversions. Read the blog âTop 5 Ways to Up Your Lead Gen Game in 2020â for more insights.
Why brands need a marketing automation platform?
2020 led to a chain of massive changes in how brands approached marketing in general. For businesses, 2021 is all about curating unique and engaging experiences that can add value to the super-connected, evolved, and always-online consumer. Marketing automation can make this possible while aiding organizations in revamping their marketing tactics and streamline workflows. Marketing automation is a solid use case. Here is how smarter brands are using it for the maximum yield:
- Increasing the scale and scope of marketing campaigns
It goes without saying that automating marketing campaigns is more efficient than handling them manually. Marketing automation can make marketing campaigns scalable beyond the limits of confined team sizes. Demand generation intensifies the efforts to drive personalized and targeted engagement for diverse buyers using marketing automation tools. Brands can create a consolidated series of personalized campaigns to increase their company revenue at every stage of the buying cycle.
- Getting a 360-degree view of your audience base
Enterprises that are ready to take this whole marketing automation thing to the next level pair it with a CRM system to delve into detailed behavioral tracking. By doing so, marketers can get insights about the interests and preferences of their prospects and they can custom-tailor everything starting from content to sales pitches.
- Getting high-quality data for smarter decisions
Though big data is in the buzz these days, however, only a few businesses have deliberate processes to collect and utilize data. Marketing automation allows brands to effortlessly collect big data, so they can deploy valuable intelligence at scale, utilize A/B test marketing assets and put data immediately to work.
- Generating and nurturing leads
Automating the different steps between marketing and sales can offer brands a richer, more detailed picture of their potential customer base. Using the behavioural tracking methods, a marketing automation platform can help marketers generate and nurture more leads, understand the purchase lifecycle and initiate trigger-based marketing messages.
Learn how Denaveâs CRM tool helped a global leader in technology industry to gain $150,000 in revenue with the case study âDENCRMÂ Delivered Effective License Position for 200+ Customersâ
Â Capabilities to look for
Right investments and efforts can bring massive business dividends, and marketing automation is no exception. To make marketing automation successful, brands must look for distinct capabilities in their chosen automation platform. Some of these include:
- Scalability.Â Check out if the marketing automation platform can upgrade and expand its feature to handle business growth and increasing usersâ communication.
- Integration with CRM. CRM is the best use case to understand the importance of a marketing automation platform. Both sales and marketing teams must work in unison to close a deal. Hence, brands should pick a platform that aligns with the existing CRM system to ensure that sales are nurtured by clever tracking and the right marketing tactics.
- Customizability.Â Enterprises should make sure whether the chosen platform can develop templates and customize them according to the need of the business goals.
- Checklist of features.Â The chosen marketing automation platform should host a broad spectrum of tools and features supporting automation in social media, email, SMS, digital ads, e-commerce, affiliates, content, development, etc. It should also include lead capture forms, independent landing pages, programming, and demography-based market segmentation.
A good marketing strategy can help a company set itself apart from the competition. Marketing automation is absolutely worth it because it doesnât just increase productivity and deliver results timely, but it also offers relevant content that has the potential to engage the target audience meaningfully. Your potential prospects are no longer willing to wait. They will make the jump to a better-suited competitor without a second thought. So, switch to marketing automation, and create a more targeted, engaging, and personalized experience for users going ahead in 2021 and beyond.
Marketing automation is an important lever when it comes to developing successful B2B demand generation strategies post-pandemic. Download the whitepaper âSetting up an Enterprise Demand Generation Framework for 2021 and Beyondâ to understand the role of demand generation in the current B2B ecosystem.