01st Sep, 2022
, , Designation
- B2B contact database is a business-critical requirement that drives lead generation, customer outreach, and sales campaigns
- The best B2B contact database contains emails and phone numbers of prospects across accounts
- It needs to be sourced through multiple channels and then validated and verified with the help of a third-party B2B data vendor for maximum accuracy
When it comes to driving successful demand generation campaigns, an accurate and reachable B2B contact database is of extreme importance. It should be a composite aggregate of prospects’ contact information, including email addresses and direct dial numbers. Having verified B2B email lists and phone numbers help simplifies complex prospecting, B2B lead generation, and customer outreach activities.
One of the key objectives of a company’s B2B demand generation campaigns is to acquire new customers and retain existing ones. The sales and marketing teams must reach out to a targeted audience to make optimum use of the customer acquisition budget and create maximum impact. In order to achieve this, the first line of action for enterprises is building an in-depth B2B corporate database of key decision-makers.
Importance of B2B contact database
Modern B2B enterprises require a strong in-house remote sales engine to connect with the right accounts across key accounts. For the remote sales engine to succeed, it must have thoroughly validated B2B sales leads with phone numbers and emails in the pipeline.
While contacting a key influencer, the best B2B contact database may also contain attributes such as their designation, department, seniority, etc. Such an insight-packed corporate database allows demand generation teams to follow a targeted approach. This saves up resources and efforts that otherwise will be spent on a wild goose chase. The best B2B contact database can multiply the chances of identifying prospects, nurturing leads, and converting them into buyers.
Contact us to leverage the best B2B contact database across 10Mn+ companies to kickstart your marketing campaigns.
Steps to create detailed and accurate B2B contact database
Here is how an enterprise can orchestrate a quality B2B contact list from scratch in a few easy steps.
Step 1: Start by defining the ideal customer profile
An ideal customer profile (ICP) tells a story of target accounts that will best benefit from the solutions a business is offering. This is a critical step that channelizes the B2B demand generation teams’ efforts towards accounts that are more likely to purchase a company’s products or services. This ensures that sales reps don’t end up chasing leads who aren’t going to convert.
It is the prerogative of the B2B sales teams to analyse their existing customers’ characteristics and patterns and contribute towards building an effective ICP:
- Which industries are they from?
- Company location
- Employee size and revenue
- What are their key pain points?
- What makes the product or service stand out from the competitors?
- By when do the results start to show?
Apart from identifying the ideal buyer characteristics, companies also need to establish the ‘Total Addressable Market (TAM). It is the total demand in the market for products or services that the company offers.
Step 2: Omnichannel data collection processes
One of the most grueling aspects of creating an accurate B2B contact database is combing through the internet for deeper details. Companies today collect swathes of B2B company data across all their digital channels, right from website visits to content download and email subscriptions. Some of the channels from where B2B businesses can compile a B2B corporate database include the following:
- Using LinkedIn sales navigator to search and filter among companies that fit the enterprise’s ideal customer profile.
- Leveraging webinars, virtual events, and online conferences to connect with other businesses, scout for decision-makers and influencers, and score high-quality prospects.
- Inbound B2B lead generation using a 360-degree digital demand generation approach that includes digital marketing services and B2B telesales services.
- Involving a reliable B2B contact database provider to source verified email addresses and phone numbers of prospects across companies. A professional B2B database service provider like Denave will offer advanced technographic, firmographic, demographic, and intent details that help enterprises build targeted customer outreach campaigns.
Step 3: Validate, update and refine the B2B contact database
The final step in building the best B2B contact list is to validate and update the captured data and verify its accuracy by narrowing down the details. This helps enterprises understand everything there is about the prospects that have made it into the final list. Using this list, enterprises can map out recent triggers or events that relate to the company’s products or services. Analysing prospects’ data beforehand also allows for segmentation, prioritization, and orchestration of personalized customer outreach tactics.
Furthermore, around 30% of B2B contact data decays every year. Hence, the B2B data needs to be continuously updated to keep it relevant and usable. As a good practice, a B2B corporate database must be reviewed and validated with the help of a B2B data company every 90 days.
A B2B contact database is a log of insightful data about other companies, complete with their key decision-makers and contact information. Successful B2B sales teams rely on clean, updated, and accurate B2B marketing databases to connect with their ideal prospects and decision-makers faster. When developing a B2B contact database, outsourcing the task to third-party B2B data vendors will lower costs for enterprises and also give access to the best data orchestration technologies.